Sunday 17 November 2013

Hello virtual world!


Hello virtual world! 

I'm going to do something I've never done before, so bear with me! 


Something I'm becoming more aware of working in the music industry, is that I am constantly coming across music blogs, whether it's emailing them whilst interning at a PR company, or simply indulging myself and researching the bands I personally love, I'm forever reading what other people have to say. 
Until one day that is, when I thought to myself 'I can do this... Surely! Even an infinite gap year student like me!'
I love music and I like writing (I think) at least I studied English Language at college, so I should hope so! 
Plus, I think I'm quite good at it, because if you hadn't already noticed, I LOVE to talk... Excessively! 
Talking about music in particular is something that I feel comes naturally to me, as I've grown up in a family of musicians and therefore it is something I'm passionate about. 


Having the opportunity to spend time in LA and being able to work on BalconyTV, I'm hugely aware of what unsigned music is out there and I've noticed some of the most talented bands are being overlooked, therefore I feel that these unsung heroes deserve a little limelight. 

Not that my blog will make any difference of course! 

I created this blog to share with you (whoever 'you' may be) some of the AMAZING talent that is going unnoticed here and abroad. 


So essentially I've decided to stop being so self indulgent, by keeping these bands to myself and that it is only fair that I share them with anyone who may stumble upon my blog.


If it only makes the difference of a couple of new fans I will still feel that I have accomplished something and given back to the music community. 

Until next time, 
Lyds XXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment